Since December 2018, UGC NET has been conducted by National Testing Agency in the following pattern:
Mode of Exam
- UGC NET will be conducted in Online mode.
- Each candidate will be allocated a desktop with a pre-installed software especially created for the examination.
- Make sure to check that the system and the mouse is working properly before the exam commences.
Nature of Questions
- The questions in both the papers will be objective in nature.
- This means, all the questions in UGC NET December 2019 will be of Multiple Choice type (MCQs).
- The question will have 4 options, candidates must select the most appropriate answer.
Total Number of Questions
- UGC NET 2019 will have a total of 150 multiple choice questions.
- Paper 1 will have 50 questions and Paper 2 will have 100 questions.
- There is No Restriction to move to and fro among the Papers.
- All the questions are compulsory to attempt.
The table below shows the exam pattern of Paper 1 and Paper 2:
|UGC NET Paper||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||50||100||A cumulative time duration of 3 hours.
Shift 1: 9.30 AM – 12.30 AM
Shift 2: 2.30 PM – 5.30 PM
|Total||150 MCQs||300 Marks||180 minutes|
Official Website: ntanet.ac.in.